Grace and peace to all. Blessings to all Mothers, Aunts, and special Moms on this upcoming Mother’s Day weekend. Here are a few updates and invitations that I want to share with each of you. Please check them out and join us wherever your schedule permits. The happenings are: Just want to invite all to worship together and hear a great message from Dr. Willie Henry on Mother’s Day Sunday, May 9th at Spring Woods UMC; located at 1711 FM 1960, Houston, TX 77273. He will bring the Word at both 9:30 and 11:00 am services. Come and share the morning!
- Pastor King is inviting you to take a road trip to hear her preach on Pentecoat Sunday, May 23rd at Bethlehem UMC; located at 715 8th Street, Hempstead, TX 77445. Worship begins at 11:00 am on Pentecost Sunday and we hope you will be with us that glorious Sunday.
- Come together to celebrate all graduates on Sunday, May 30, 2010 at St. Mary’s UMC – 6731 Scott Street, Houston, TX 77021. Please make plans to join us at 9:45 am to pray and process together into worship, which begins at 10:15 am. Invite your friends and family to join us and I will be preaching for this service. Also, Sunday is the Wiley College Celebration at St. Mary’s UMC. Let’s come together for all our graduates on that Sunday.
- There will be great worship celebrations this year at the Texas Annual Conference, which will be held at The Woodlands UMC – 2200 Lake Woodlands Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380 on Sunday, May 30th through Wednesday, June 2nd. On Monday, May 31st there will be a Gospel Celebration that you don’t want to miss. Mark your calendar and be in the sanctuary for the pre-worship starting at 6:45 pm. There will be many blessed opportunities to worship that evening and you don’t want to miss any of them!
- Starting June 1, 2010, I will be appointed to serve at First United Methodist Church in College Station, Texas as Senior Pastor. The church is located at 1125 Wellborn Rd., College Station, TX 77840. Keep us in your prayers as we prepare to pack, move, and transition to a new community to make disciples for Jesus Christ. Look for more details in the days to come.
- Save the date of Sunday, June 27, 2010 to join us for the Church Anniversary Worship Experience at First UMC- College Station. More details are forthcoming!
Thanks for being a part of growing a faith community from the ground up. We worked together through an awesome faith experience that was second to none. Each of you is special to Donel and I in so many ways. We pray all have found or will find in the near future a place to call home as you serve the Lord. Love the Lord and let the Lord love you back…remember “Meet God @ Anytime” is still real!
Live Blessed @ All times,
Pastor Jacqui and Donel King